iPhone 3.0 push notification advice needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jeffjefftyjeff, Jun 17, 2009.

1. jeffjefftyjeff macrumors newbie

I have just updated my iPhone 3G with the 3.0 update and it has been a success. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn on push notifications. I read that certain apps are required to see the setting to be able to change it, so I downloaded both AIM and IM+ Lite - both of which say they support push notifications. Still no sign of the push notification setting in the Settings.

I have tried restarting and resetting, using both apps, still no push notification setting.

Am I missing something? :confused:

2. mantic macrumors 6502a

same here..

3. Adrien24 macrumors newbie

Same for me. I have 'IM+' the full version and I dont get messages pushed.. Only emailed.. which is super gay

4. jeffjefftyjeff thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried doing a restore and downloading just the apps which use push notification and still nothing :(

5. chrisgeleven macrumors 6502

Most apps are waiting for Apple approved updates before they work with push notifications.

AP Mobile has already been updated. Installing it enables the notifications section in your settings.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284901416&mt=8

I have had it installed and haven't seen a notification yet, although I suppose there hasn't been any breaking news yet either.

6. jeffjefftyjeff thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved - I downloaded TapTap Revenge 2 and it allowed me to switch notifications on, and the option is now where it should be in the main settings. Hurrah!

7. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

But unless the app is updated to take advantage of the new Push service, it won't do anything. :)

8. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

I would love it if there was a way to llet you set hours that you would like to receive audible notifications so that you don't have to turn notifications off during the night. Not a big deal because I probably won't use these much, but it would be nice to not get woken up if you forget to turn them off.