iPhone 3.0 Questions. nothing seems new.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sahni130, Mar 24, 2009.

1. sahni130 macrumors 6502

sahni130

I recently downloaded and updated my iPhone 3G with the 3.0 software and here are my problems/questions..

1.Push- doesn't work at all ( shouldn't it work with such apps as facebook and AIM?)
    2. MMS- everytime I try to send a MMS it says "failed" or "unable to send".
    3. Stereo Bluetooth doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong or what? I understand this is Beta software but I thought these features worked. Also is there a way to downgrade to 2.2.1?

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

you should try the search tool on this site.

or post this to dev.apple.com/legitdevelopers.

3. hbg macrumors regular

MMS not yet enabled with AT&T. You are using beta software and you are supposed to be a developer. Lots of what is new is apparently under the hood and will supposedly enable lots of new software TO BE DEVELOPED, i.e., not here yet, so you don't yet see it. Just hang in there.

Also, didn't you read when you signed up the warning that you cannot go back to an earlier version? Yes, it sounds like you might be able to based on these forums, but you were informed what you were getting into when you signed up.

4. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Developers have to update their apps to support Push, so don't expect that to work with 3rd party apps until 3.0 is officially released.

5. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Cha-Ching! (cash register ring at 1 Infinite Loop)

6. hbg macrumors regular

Hmm... "The new Sarah Palin..." This could be taken two ways. Personally, I think she's an airhead which means the Pre is vaporware. On the other hand, there are many rightwingers who worship Sarah Palin still and thinks she is the most impressive politician in years, which would mean the Pre is the second coming. Where do you stand, so I can interpret your views on the Pre?

7. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

A little off topic, don't ya think?:p

8. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

The beta was released not to test features but for developers to test the new SDK and the APIs in the "real-world" (aka, on an actual phone). That's the only reason why it was released.

Many many times, Apple disables features from these betas/pre-releases because they aren't necessary for development purposes.

9. hbg macrumors regular

You're right. I've been punished. I actually meant to post it in the Pre versus iPhone thread. My apologies.

10. sahni130 thread starter macrumors 6502

sahni130

ohh I See.... when can we expect these features to be switched on? When os 3.0 is released to the public?

11. efice32 macrumors 6502

summer

12. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

13. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

only MMS must be "turned on"
    push is based on developers updating their apps to support it
    and stereo bluetooth not working is just a glitch

14. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm just guessing here, but having an MMS messaging plan (as opposed to the iPhone's SMS-only plan) might help.

Also, just wait for the actual release instead of toying with the Beta and wondering why it's not working right.

15. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

No, push needs to be "turned on" too. The servers needed for it on Apple's end aren't available yet. They're slowly rolling it out. So it's not just based on the app developers, Apple has to do it on their end too.

But to the OP: you won't see push-capable apps until 3.0 is officially released, unless you are accepted as a beta tester for one of the companies with internal 3.0 builds of the apps (like being an AIM tester or Beejive tester, and I seriously doubt they do public betas).