iPhone 3.0 search in iPod question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manhattanmania, Mar 22, 2009.

1. manhattanmania macrumors regular

how is search implemented in the iPod app? what i'm trying to find out is say i'm in a playlist and i want to hear a particular song. is there a search bar at the top of everything (playlists, albums, blah blah)? if i search for a song and start to play it, does it play it in that playlist, or in all songs, etc?

thanks

2. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

This is something that I am trying to figure out. If the app hasn't been started yet (like after a sync or restart) and you search for a song it will only play that song (so it will repeat if you have repeat on or stop if you don't.)

I also noticed that when I searched for a song (and I was listening to "My Favs" playlist and the song I searched was part of the playlist) then it would stay in the playlist. However the playlist wouldn't start over (like song one of 600) but it would be like 342 of 600. I don't know why I'm trying to figure that number out. But I will play around some more and see if I can figure things out.

3. manhattanmania thread starter macrumors regular

okay, thanks! so often i'm in a playlist and want to hear a certain song i know is in it and stay in that playlist... but its so big it would take forever to find it... i've been longing for this feature haha

4. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Yea, I totally know what you mean. My Favs playlist is over 600 and when I want to scroll down to to the Ss or Ts it can take a lottt of flicking. I don't know why Apple doesn't add a sidebar with the alphabet so it can work like it does with Songs/Artists. That really annoys me. It would also be awesome if coverflow was playlist specific. Why Apple, why?!

However there is one awesome thing. When you're listening to a song in your playlist if you hit the back arrow it will go back to the place where that song is in the playlist rather then the top. Way awesome.