IPHONE 3.0 sms ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billyjoegibsonx, Jun 17, 2009.

1. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

does anybody else hate how this functions now? or is it just me ...?

i mean, in os 2.2.1 the text box didnt get bigger everytime you moved down onto the next line! now once i type so much i cant see any of the old texts which i liked to look at, and refer back to, as i have a very poor memory also the previous messages stayed where ever you had them scrolled too! now every time you press return or go down a line, it automatically goes to the last line in the last text message!

is it just me that finds this change annoying?
    will apple ever put this back? i think it was perfectly fine the way sms functioned in 2.2.1 why did they make this change!?

also does anyone know how i can reinstall 2.2.1 onto my iphone ? im not really feeling 3.0 tbh!

2. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

First of all, I have no idea what this post even says.

Second of all, there's no way to downgrade, and doing so would make absolutely no sense.

3. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

This has happened to me before -- usually what happens is I get another text message from the same person while I'm writing out a really long one. The way I get around it is to use the new Copy & Paste feature. Just cut all the text, read the message, then paste what you were writing back into the text box. A fairly easy solution for a semi-annoying problem.

The photo attached demonstrates what the OP is talking about.

Attached Files: