Iphone 3.0 software MMS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badgeboy, Jun 17, 2009.

1. badgeboy macrumors newbie

I can't see where there is anyway at all to send MMS like they said you could. If I click on a picture the only options at the bottom of the screen are the same ones as before. How the heck do you do it? Or did they remove this feature at the last minute?

2. BNZ1 macrumors regular

woooosaaaa.... deep breath.

Ok. First, try searching, 2nd (if that somehow fails) tell us who your carrier is.

3. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

If you are in the US, without some tweaking, it will not be possible until later this year because AT&T hates us.

4. Polymira macrumors regular

You have a carrier (likely at&t) that isn't supporting MMS on the iPhone at this time... Like they said wouldn't.

There is a hack to enable the option, otherwise you need to wait until end of summer. Otherwise, google it.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

If you are on AT&T MMS is not available until "later this summer". For other service providers you would need to look at them.

6. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

According to AT&T, MMS won't be ready until "late summer" (which I was told by multiple people at AT&T that this probably means September). I'm going to call AT&T everyday until they get it working.

7. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

After I restored my iPhone from a bacukp, it updated the carrier file back to AT&T 5, I have the options for MMS and tethering, I haven't tested either yet.

8. badgeboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow this is such a crock! I'm AT&T and in the USA, this is the only feature I was looking forward to!

9. badgeboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Restored from a backup? You restored to a backup of your 3.0 already? I dont understand.

10. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

Next time learn to pay attention to the news. This was all said weeks ago at the WWDC and has been talked about over and over. Sorry to be a d*ck but seriously people, you act surprised and really shouldn't be. BTW the hacks don't work, at least the didn't for me.

11. ARK macrumors 6502

Im on the phone with the at&t rep now to ask about my mms opt out code (which my wife doesnt have listed under her number) She says i should be able to send mms now and its an apple problem. HA!

12. maskedfox macrumors newbie

i called them earlier today and had the opt out removed but i still can't mms. they probably disabled it for all iphones

13. missadri macrumors newbie

I believe I'm having the same problem.

You are clearly aren't understand. We are knowledgable that MMS won't be until "later this summer" however wouldn't the new 3.0 OS still allow us the UI for it? It should all be included in the firmware. However the icons are nowhere to be found. This really shouldn't have anything to do with the carrier file right?

14. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Nope, it's the carrier file.
    The option won't exist until the carrier file is there.

Getting rid of the "opt-out" code won't do a damn thing until AT&T releases a carrier update file.