Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Has anyone else noticed this?:

In iPhone 2.x, when you powered on your phone, you saw the Apple logo, followed immediately by your Home screen and the phone was ready to use. But in iPhone 3.0, you now see the Apple logo, followed by a short period where there is nothing on the screen (but you can see the screen is still powered on), and then your wallpaper appears for a few seconds before going away. The Home screen never appears unless you actually click the Home button and then slide your finger.

I have to say, I rather preferred how it used to power on.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Has anyone else noticed this?:

In iPhone 2.x, when you powered on your phone, you saw the Apple logo, followed immediately by your Home screen and the phone was ready to use. But in iPhone 3.0, you now see the Apple logo, followed by a short period where there is nothing on the screen (but you can see the screen is still powered on), and then your wallpaper appears for a few seconds before going away. The Home screen never appears unless you actually click the Home button and then slide your finger.

I have to say, I rather preferred how it used to power on.

I noticed this too..... I agree i like it the way it was

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.