iPhone 3.0 update--iCal/MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacCoCo, Apr 2, 2009.

1. MacCoCo macrumors newbie

I recently saw the Keynote that introduced the new features that are coming with the 3.0 update. Towards the end, they announced that there will be updates to the Calendar program within the iPhone. I currently have a MobileMe account that I find very useful (I do not have an Exchange account setup). With that being said, using my MobileMe account, I can not receive/send or accept/decline any event invites. I know that they said, "MobileMe is the Exchange for the rest of us..." --however, in this area it is not.

I couldn't really tell (from the Keynote) if this feature is coming to the MobileMe/iPhone service...?

Does anyone know if we will now be able to accept/decline invitations from our phones with the 3.0 update?

Any insight will be helpful! Thank you.
    Brad

2. sprescott1974 macrumors member

In short...not in either of the current builds. .ics invites are now recognized by mail as being calendar related, but clicking on them yields no results nor do they show up as invites in the calendar app.

my fingers are crossed that this gets changed in the final version as it doesn't look like any of the new calendar functionality has been implemented yet.

3. MacCoCo thread starter macrumors newbie

Clicking the .ics file does nothing?? That's strange... I'm thinking this will be changed in the final version (hopefully). It wouldn't make sense to have an active attachment in mail do nothing when you click it.

I'm hoping that Apple does something about that... as stated previously, they mentioned that 'MobileMe is the Exchange for the rest of us.' I would think that, since one of their markets for this phone is businesses, they would want to utilize MobileMe as a vehicle for sending/receiving invitations.