iPhone 3.0: "Your Passcode has Expired"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rongroth, Jul 9, 2009.

1. rongroth macrumors newbie

I connect with our exchange server at work and must have a passcode set. However, since upgrading to 3.0 I am told once or twice a day that my passcode has expired and I need to change it.

I saw that some folks were having issues with a minimal lockout time for reentering their passcode and tried deleting and recreating that email account, but it still happens.

Amazingly, I have not been able to find a peep on anyone else having this problem. Many of my co-workers have iPhones and connect just as I do and none have experienced this.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

If others using 3.0 are not experiencing the same issue.. have you tried doing a restore

Usually a restore will solve software quirks like this.. so I would suggest doing a backup then restore.. and see if you're still having issues...

3. rongroth thread starter macrumors newbie

Backup-Restore did the trick

I would have had to change my passcode 5 times by now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ron

4. rongroth thread starter macrumors newbie

Backup-Restore didn't actually help :(

I thought it had helped, but it did not. I still have the issue. I have just updated to 3.01 and it is still there. Bummer. I seem to be the only person on the planet experiencing this.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Delete the exchange server account and add it again.

6. kaypee27 macrumors newbie

You are not the only one on the planet. I have the same issue and can not fix it. Any info you find out please share

7. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Try doing a restore as a new phone (so not from a backup), if that don't work then talk to the admin of the server, it may be a problem at that end.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Exchange servers are often set up to expire passcodes. Ask your server admin how to change it.

9. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Bingo ... this sounds VERY similar to a IT Policy function set by Exchange Server Admins; and because its tied directly to the firmware a backup & restore should NOT resolve this issue. Try a search on Apple's support site as well.

10. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I had this issue on my iPhone as well. I had an exchange account, removed it, and it kept having the same issue. Do you have a configuration profile installed? Try re-installing it (if you can).