Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FFKingsford

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I've searched a lot and can only find info about BlackRa1n and 9.1 on Windows. What about OS X 10.6.3?

I have a iPhone 3G 3.1.2 Jailbroken with BlackRa1n. Can I update to iTunes 9.1 and not have any problems?

All the problems I've read about with Blackra1n don't say anything about a OS X, just Windows!

HELP!!!!!!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I've searched a lot and can only find info about BlackRa1n and 9.1 on Windows. What about OS X 10.6.3?

I have a iPhone 3G 3.1.2 Jailbroken with BlackRa1n. Can I update to iTunes 9.1 and not have any problems?

All the problems I've read about with Blackra1n don't say anything about a OS X, just Windows!

HELP!!!!!!

If you are running Blackra1n and Windoze, 9.1 is a no go.

A few have complained of similar problems with Blackra1n and MacOS, but very few.

dragonc12

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2009
If you are running Blackra1n and Windoze, 9.1 is a no go.

A few have complained of similar problems with Blackra1n and MacOS, but very few.

I have an IPT3 jailbroken with blackrain and I'm using 9.1 on windows with no problems, syncing or otherwise.

I know people that had have problems have used blackbreeze as a fix. or you could just point blackrain to the dll file that seems to be causing any issues that occur.

have not heard any problems with OSX though....

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008

My understanding is that the problems you've heard reported relate to a .dll that iTunes 9.1 on Windows won't work with, or something of the sort. There's a fix available for it.

No such problem exists on the Mac. I can attest 9.1 works great on my MacBook Pro running the latest Snow Leopard, with my iPhone 3G running 3.1.2. No problems.

FFKingsford

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
SOLUTION:

For future readers of this thread, I braved the 9.1 update on the Mac and....

My 3.1.2 iPhone 3G syncs fine with iTunes 9.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.3. No problems, no errors.

i_never_existed

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2005
at the moment... Chile
I am afriad I didn't have the same luck!

SOLUTION:

For future readers of this thread, I braved the 9.1 update on the Mac and....

My 3.1.2 iPhone 3G syncs fine with iTunes 9.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.3. No problems, no errors.

I am glad that everyone here doesn't have a problem... but I do.

Running Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.3, updated to itunes 9.1 and when connecting my iphone 3Gs (jailbroken with Blackra1n) running 3.1.2 I see nothing.

itunes now refuses to "see" the iphone. I have rebooted the iphone, and Macbook Pro numerous times. And still nothing.

And as far as I can see after googling a while, downgrading itunes back a few versions is not an easy task.

Any tips from anyone?? I am truly stuck on what to do here.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I am glad that everyone here doesn't have a problem... but I do.

Running Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.3, updated to itunes 9.1 and when connecting my iphone 3Gs (jailbroken with Blackra1n) running 3.1.2 I see nothing.

itunes now refuses to "see" the iphone. I have rebooted the iphone, and Macbook Pro numerous times. And still nothing.

And as far as I can see after googling a while, downgrading itunes back a few versions is not an easy task.

Any tips from anyone?? I am truly stuck on what to do here.

Downgrading isn't that hard. Copy all your music, movies, apps, ringtones, etc to a folder on desktop.
Drag iTunes to trash, remove all the iTunes folders from users, libraries, etc
Reboot, install iTunes 9.0.3
Use iTunes to add everything you copied to the desktop folder back into iTunes
Done.

i_never_existed

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2005
at the moment... Chile
Downgrading isn't that hard. Copy all your music, movies, apps, ringtones, etc to a folder on desktop.
Drag iTunes to trash, remove all the iTunes folders from users, libraries, etc
Reboot, install iTunes 9.0.3
Use iTunes to add everything you copied to the desktop folder back into iTunes
Done.

you know... It should be that simple, but it isn't. I have deleted everything from my MBP. Librarys, history, EVERYTHING.

I download itunes 8... and of course it installs perfectly.. but when I connect my iphone... still no good.

Everything works fine... but it will NOT show up in itunes.

This is killing me. It wont sync my calendar, music, nothing.

:(

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
you know... It should be that simple, but it isn't. I have deleted everything from my MBP. Librarys, history, EVERYTHING.

I download itunes 8... and of course it installs perfectly.. but when I connect my iphone... still no good.

Everything works fine... but it will NOT show up in itunes.

This is killing me. It wont sync my calendar, music, nothing.

:(

Have you tried a different USB port and different USB cable ? Have you tried plugging a different iPhone (friends) in to see if iTunes sees it ?

This sounds like an issue with the phone perhaps and not iTunes. Sorry, I don't have any other ideas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.