iPhone 3.1 - Breaks non-iPhone data plan APN Carrier modification?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jawnathin, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Jawnathin macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I'm sure everyone is still focused on the new 3.1 update, but I haven't seen this question asked or mentioned. I did search this forum and use Google, but was unable to find anything.

I do understand the new 3.1 update breaks the profile based APN Carrier Tethering hack (I think known as the BenM Hack).

My question is, will it also break non-iPhone data plans modified by the APN Carrier hack as well? I am using AT&T and am connected to the wap.cingular server.

I have a non-iPhone data plan on my 3GS, which works perfectly fine with 3.01.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

2. leons macrumors 6502

Very important question. I am on the Blackberry Plan with this modification. Anyone?:confused:

3. Jawnathin thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

no it does not mess anything up. Im on unlimited data and internet $30 and the upgrade went fine, but I miss some JB apps so I'm gonna go back to 3.0.1

5. jeitjet macrumors newbie

I can't find where to input the APN on 3.1 -- where is it now?!?! I've lost my data plan!

6. WRXface macrumors regular

download APNEditing in cydia, that should enable celluar data network. settings > general > network > celluar data network

7. jeitjet macrumors newbie

8. jeitjet macrumors newbie

The "Cellular Data Network" where I would edit the APN settings is still not available...I have APNEditing via Cydia installed. I'm on 3.1 Jailbroken and Unlocked. Everything works fine except the t-zones hack data plan I had. If I could just get to the APN settings, it would solve it all I believe. I've had to re-enter those APN settings every time I've unlocked it in the past.