Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pittsax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
For some reason now every track that has different metadata gets its own album listing in the iPod app! If one album has tracks by different artists, the album shows up twice, with each artist getting their own album. If I look under compilations it works fine, but I don't WANT to use compilations because not all of my albums are affected.

Am I the only one with this problem, and if not, is there a solution to it?

Thanks!

mark205gti

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2009
Dude, exactly the same thing has happened to me. It wasn't like this before the update. I found this other forum thread on the same thing. It has a workaround but it is Apples' fault and they should fix it. I saw somewhere else that they realise it's a problem and they might fix it next patch.

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/39/73271-wtf-iphone-os-3-1-itunes-9-screwed-up.html#post870783

I bought an iPhone because I wanted simplicity. Sort your sh*t out Apple. You are turning into Microsoft 2.0. I was almost going to buy a MacBook because my HP laptop has annoyed me that much. But now I realise that I will have the same damn problems, just in a different colour! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.