Iphone 3 G Battery Result

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonetoday, May 19, 2009.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

i have question . IPHONE 3 G . how long battery last

i have search online review that iphone 3g battery hold not too long until disable all application
    bluetooth / wifi / service / push / and other

This is not right if we off all that feature so why iphone name iphone such rename as offphone

anyone have ideas on battery

2. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

I have everything on: 3G, MobileMe, push, fetch (for another email account), WiFi, bluetooth, etc.

I use my phone several hours per day with phone, email and internet and my battery lasts all day. However, I just got a particular news application yesterday - and my battery was dead by 6pm with normal use...

3. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

so if iphone turn on without playing game/internet

only receive call and call people when need

how long it could hold

i need about 48 hour

the tag said 300 hour that lier

thank you

4. iphonehk macrumors member

It does not last that long. My experience for just plain standby is about 2 days - About 40 hrs with not using wifi, calls, apps, ipod functions etc. Just a couple of smses only.

But definitely not 300 hrs. Hope that helps.

5. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Search around the boards, there are a few battery life threads, some people get crazy long battery life. I get about a day's worth of activity, fine with me.

6. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

I didn't make it to 300 hours. I tried - it wasn't because of battery, but because I wanted to use my iPhone again.

I ran this test to see how much drain MobileMe put on my iPhone. I set a script to send me an email to my MobileMe address every hour. After a week (7 days) I was at 59% battery life. Again, that's with zero use except receiving push email alerts. Based on that figure, I don't think it would have lasted 300 hours, then again I wasn't truly in stand-by according to most handset tests...

I'd say, if you don't surf the web three hours a day, listen to music and play games like I do, you'd be able to get 48 hours stand-by with some talk time.

7. rednano74 macrumors member

300 hours is for standby time...zero usage.

talk time is up 5 hours on 3G and up 10 hours on Edge depending on signal strength/reception.

If you are looking for a phone that goes 48 hours of usage, keep dreaming.

8. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

All i need is stand by 48 hour .

I don't used nothing
    just received call and sometime emergency call

will i able to reach 48 hour stand by iphone on

that all i need

if that not able then i'm not gotta purchase iphone

that suck

9. Stiss macrumors 6502a

standby for me is around 3 days, i occasionally go online, or pick my email up, i have 15 min fetch on my account.

I always have 3g on too and get quite a few texts a day.

I also make around 20 mins of calls a day too and as mentioned i get around 3 days.

10. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I don't know why, but as I read your thread and your absolute need for exactly 48hrs of standby with the rare phonecall and maybe an emergency call I picture you as some military solo commando that is going on a secret mission in the jungle which will take no longer than 48hrs and you'll need your iPhone to call and say "Mission Accomplished sir, come pick me up"... The. Again, I do have a pretty vivid imagination.

11. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

So if i dont used my iphone for nothing ///// NOTHING <------
    i will turn it on and leave stand by light scrêen on . how long will it finish my battery my friend .

right now i have samsung t819 leaving without using it about 4 day battery
    signal go down lowest

12. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Lol. The iPhone will go 48 hours if you use it on EDGE only and take a few calls a day. My parents have got one each and theirs last prob 3 days.

13. King Luis macrumors 6502

different apps will kill your battery quicker than others.

for example:
    - tiger woods golf: i can play 4 rounds (18 holes a round) and barely see an impact on my battery.
    - bejeweled 2: after 5-10 minutes you'll see some battery gone.
    - maps: the other day it really killed my battery, i had just under half a battery left and following the directions it was giving me and tracking me by in less that 20 minutes i got my 20% warning and about 5 minutes after that i got my 10% warning.
    - ipod videos: watching a movie will eat through it around 2 hours.

FWIW i have bluetooth off, 3g on, fetch every hour, auto brightness off, and brightness set to just about half.

i'm surprised that tiger woods doesn't eat up the battery as much as i thought. (great game btw). depending what apps you use (even though you think it doesn't take up much) it may kill your battery more than others.

14. cjandnw macrumors 6502

what news app?
    I too had good battery life but then i installed google sync and usa today news app. Could they be responsible for poorer battery life?

15. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I have the same experience. I also use edge only and easily get two days use before I have to recharge which I do at night while I sleep (you could too). 3G and Location Service "ON" are the two big battery killers. If you turn Loc Serv "OFF" and use Edge your iPhone will easily last 48-72 hours. Even listening to the iPod will not change this. If you start streaming music, surfing the internet or playing games then this will drastically change. I recommend that if you do a lot of streaming, game play and/or browsing the web then you get one of the many different battery case attachments.

I have no problems with battery life except for location services in Beta 5 because some apps are constantly using it and its not shutting down as it is suppose to. There are currently 3 apps that I use that this is happening to and because I want the app on my iPHone, I have to shut location service off and then turn on when I need the app.

Battery life is user dependent and features you are using. I have Blue Tooth On, Wifi On, Edge, and Location Serv. Off...Lasts 2-3 days.

Good Luck

16. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

If iphone 3g run out off battery could it replace new one in ?

thank you

17. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

No you can't replace the battery.

If you just need to make calls and you want long battery life then don't buy an iPhone. There are simpler, cheaper, longer lasting phones.

Attached Files:

18. feza4 macrumors newbie

If all the phone is going to be used for is a call sometimes/ emergency calling, I don't think you need an iphone. Go get a nokia brick thatll last 10 days on standby.
    Not to sound like a d1ck, but don't people get the iphone to.... do things besides make a call every now and then?

19. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

if iphone cannot replace battery when battery run out then we have to through a phone away . that weird .

is samsung good brand to purchase ?

20. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

YOU can not replace the battery, but Apple can.

You don't have to throw the phone away! Get the battery replaced.

21. aristobrat macrumors G4

I'd be very surprised if you didn't get 48-hours of standby time out of an iPhone 3G's battery.

You're not going to find another smartphone that gets significantly better battery life than the iPhone 3G.

Have you seen this product that doubles the iPhone 3Gs battery capacity?
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV809VC/A?mco=NDkxMTU4Nw

Also, if you have the ability to wait until July, there's likely to be a new iPhone version for sale then. Not guaranteed, but likely.

22. aarcarr macrumors member

23. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

24. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I'm only getting around 5.5 hours of usage time with mine. NOT standby time, but where it says the usage time, I'm getting to 5.5 before I get the 10% warning. Is that normal? Thanks.

25. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

can i buy iphone 3g in samsung store ? anyone in here like samsung product