iphone 3 - how to retrieve apple ID?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KaNGaRooBaby, Oct 21, 2011.

1. KaNGaRooBaby, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

KaNGaRooBaby macrumors newbie

my brother bought a used iphone from an unknown guy and he didn't ask for the apps store ID and now we couldn't contact that guy anymore.
    Is there anyway to fix this? i read some articles it says restore iphone but does that mean the apps, contacts, photos and songs in the phone will be erase as well??
    is there anyway i can restore the phone without losing all the stuff ?? or how can i back up these stuff?
    thank you.

2. toiday macrumors regular

He just sell you the phone. Why would you want to use his Apple Store ID? You have to use your own ID. I'm surprised that he didn't wipe the phone before selling it to you.

3. KaNGaRooBaby thread starter macrumors newbie

you mean i can use my own ID? really? i thought it was fix when you first register your phone with that ID ? but everytime when i access app store with the phone it will pops up "enter password" and the username seems to be fixed already.

4. KaNGaRooBaby thread starter macrumors newbie

also i couldn't sync the iphone with my computer

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah sure I'll sell you an iphone and give you my apple ID and password too.
    You can buy any app you want using my credit card:rolleyes:
    You serious dude?

6. KaNGaRooBaby thread starter macrumors newbie

well my problem now is i can't sync/connect the iphone to my computer