iPhone 3: Rumors' Checklist!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThE.MeSsEnGeR, Jun 6, 2009.

1. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

Hello everyone!

I bet all of you are hyped up about WWDC '09 this Monday!!!
    I know I am!!! :D

I've compiled a list of the best and most plausible rumors we've heard about iPhone 3... and I did a CheckList... so I'll be printing it to check off each feature as they announce it in the KeyNote!;)

P.S. I know, that there's gonna be Live Blogs from Macrumors, Engadget, Gizmodo, etc.... but I thought maybe if we could Watch it streaming live....?? .:confused:

Attached Files:

2. rcarranza macrumors member

Good list! Agree with most of it but....

Don't think FM radio is very likely! Maybe an external accessory but prob not on device. Also 'Limited Background Support'. Doubt they would do this when we all know OS 3.0 will support push notifications to apps. Reckon Apple will just be happy leaving it as that.

Otherwise I'm very excited about the WWDC! Lets hope Apple once again sets the world alight.

Started watching Chuck and heard a great quote...Linux? PC? I'm a Mac. I'm an IT artist!

Know it isn't related but thought I'd share :D

3. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Unfortantly Apple hasent streamed WWDC or MacWorld live in 6 years now if I remember correctly.

You can download the keynote from iTunes a couple of hours after the keynote though!

4. ThE.MeSsEnGeR thread starter macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

About the FM Radio: I Know, Apple is not very fond of producing their products w/ built-in FM Radio... but that Rumor we heard a couple months ago about the FM Transmitter was taunting... :confused: ... personally, I would love it to have one!:D

About the Limited Background Support: I just posted because I read somewhere that OS 3.0 is gonna let you choose a couple of Apps that will be allowed to run in the BackGround.... Otherwise, I'm not a big fan of Backgrounf processes! :eek: I prefer Push!!:D (but let's just hope that their push service "cloud" won't get popped by the ammount of users!:eek:

5. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

what does 2xRAM speeds mean? :confused:

Anyway, the 600Mhz CPU and 256RAM are a lock for the new iPhone. And you will never see an FM tuner in an iPhone.

6. ThE.MeSsEnGeR thread starter macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

2x RAM: Two Times the RAM of the current iPhone...;)

and just a quick question, what is the current CPU & RAM specs of the iphone?

7. JCastro macrumors 6502a

There are countless apps that let you stream live radio already or music based on genre like Pandora Radio. I can stream these on Edge perfectly. I don't see the need for an actual FM tuner. I am just happy that they (hopefully!) will be able to fit 32GB in there. I don't there there is any room left.

I don't see this ever happening.