iPhone 3.x connections are the wrong design?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AforAndromeda, Jul 8, 2009.

?

The iPhone connections are the wrong design?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2009.
  1. The iPhone connections need no change

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. The iPhone connections need a small change

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The iPhone connections need a huge change

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. AforAndromeda macrumors member

AforAndromeda

Hi guys,

:confused:
    I'm interested in whether you think the connections socket to the iPhone (and iTouch) are the wrong choice.

Basically the power, sound, and any other connection all go through the one connector at the base of the iPhone.

I am not convinced this is a good design, because there have been a number of different occasions (particularly in the car) where I needed power and sound at the same time.

I think that the problem will be made worse when Tom Tom comes our way. I think it highly probable that the high TomTom drain will mean a definate power connection, but obviously will spoil any music connection.

What do you think?

2. notjustgc macrumors 6502

Huh? :confused:

Did you forget about the headphone jack? Or the myriad accessories that provide power while handling sound simultaneously? I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at.

3. AforAndromeda thread starter macrumors member

AforAndromeda

Yeah, I should have been clearer. Sorry.

I guess what I was getting at is that most connections go through the main Apple usb connector, especially in the car. It just seems 'everything' goes through it.
    My car iPod fitting goes through it so I can change tracks, see the track names, through the car system, but I can#t do that if the power adapter is in it.

I will check out some of the adapters you say are around though.

Thanks