iPhone 30 pin to USB + 3.5 mm audio

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by badgerman, Jun 28, 2009.

1. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Any recommendations for iPhone 30 pin adapter to USB (for charging) and 3.5mm audio out. That way can charge my iPhone In car and play audio out to my car stereo.

Thanks

2. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone??

Do you understand what I need?

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

so your looking for a cable that will plug into the bottom, charge it, and go audio out to the aux jack of your car?

dont think it exists
    but most docks have a 3.5mm audio out port (I know my apple dock does), so give one of those a try, just stick the dock somewhere in your car (secure it too) and then plug a charger into it, and run an aux cable out of the back into the aux jack of your car

you might also want to take a look at some car mount kits, I think some of those offer what your looking for. Not just a cable though. Its built into the mount (the ones Ive seen at least)

4. bdobry macrumors newbie

Ever find this?

Hi badgerman,

I am looking for the same thing. Did you ever find something like this?

5. smarter macrumors member

I think you mean a cable like this:

[​IMG]

In The Netherlands where I live these cables are sold at Ford dealerships. They make a great connection between iPod/ iPhone and the factory fitted touchscreen entertainment system. You can control your iPod on the touchscreen including atist- and tracknames.

The picture I posted is just an example from the JVC website (ks-u19 is the part no.)

6. Skystar macrumors 6502

7. Skystar macrumors 6502

I've seen these used with car stereo's that have the USB plug on the front, and the 3.5mm jack is usually used to carry video from the ipod/iphone into the unit's screen.

8. cdal1 macrumors member

I have been searching for a product like this. I ended up getting the Apple component a/v cable http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB128LL/B. This cable is okay but I have the white and yellow cables unused and the sound in my truck can only be turned up to about 5, whereas before with just a regular aux cable I could turn it up to about 20 letting me control the volume more.

Has anyone tried this cable out, and is the audio similar to using an aux only cable?

Thanks

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

10. meagain macrumors 68030

Hyundai iPod cable, BMW, Cadillac make what you are looking for.

11. marcfogel macrumors regular

marcfogel

12. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Monster makes one: iCarCharger 1000

I have one in my car and love it. The controls are nice but they stay hidden in the center console. The nice thing is that the aux plug is right next to the cigarette lighter plug. Highly recommend it!

13. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

This thread has just the options that I have been looking for! I have a 2008 Honda Accord that has the aux and power right next to each other in my center console. A single cable from there to the bottom of my iPhone would be perfect!

Will all of these work with the 3GS?

14. meagain macrumors 68030

My Hyundai cable works with the 3GS. Voice commands repeated back over the stereo LOL :)

15. Joined:
    Jan 2, 2010
  16. mainomega macrumors 6502

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone have a good place to source the cable ? Monoprice has been out of stock for atleast 4 weeks and they have no idea when they are expecting more. They were only $4 there and would be perfect for my car.

17. djltoronto macrumors member

In stock today.. I bought one from them about 2 weeks ago.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1083101&p_id=6226&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

get it while it's hot.

18. joseluis.17 macrumors regular

19. fortressd macrumors newbie

This one offers a fast and easy way to connect any stereo headphone.

IPOD TOUCH ADAPTER

20. MrBorsa macrumors newbie

21. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

you are going for the expesive solution. Get a car charger. Personally I recomend one that gives you a USB port to plug into because then it can be used for multiple devices.
    Then buy a 3 buck male male 3.5 mm cord and call it good. That is what I did along with buying a spare Micro USB cord so I can charge my phone off of it. It works great. I leave the crap in my car at all times.

22. err404 macrumors 68020

Do a Google search for the "NewerTech 3 in 1 Audio/Sync/Charging Cable". This will fit the bill. Similar to the cable on monoprice, but available in black also.

23. igoingn macrumors newbie

It looks nice.

24. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Anyone have any solutions that are under 2 feet?

I like the monoprice / newertech cables but I want something shorter.

25. flatlined macrumors member

Does anyone know if this cable is gonna be back in stock? Or is there somewhere that has them for around this price?

Also did anyone pick one up and how does it work for them? I'd like to find one like this for a 2012 Hyundai Accent.