iphone 3D Graphics Chip

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krypticos, Jun 5, 2009.

1. krypticos macrumors regular

i was looking through a google search and came across this.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobil...06/iphone_30_to_feature_3d_graphics_chip.html

iPhone 3.0 to feature 3D graphics chip
    Andrew Williams

The iPhone 3.0 will apparently feature a 3D graphics chip, which could lead to a whole new generation of iPhone games

Published on Jun 5, 2009
    The iPhone 3.0 is rumoured to feature a dedicated 3D graphics chip, which could mean that high performance games released for it in the future may not be compatible with the current iPhone.

The news was originally posted on Kotaku. The site also claims that the new iPhone will also feature better Bluetooth support, a feature added to the current iPhone with the 3.0 firmware. The new device is reportedly due for release on the 17th July.

Add this to the fact that Apple has been hiring new in-house game developers, and the idea that the new iPhone’s gaming capabilities may excel the current model’s begins to take on weight. However, it also demonstrates that Apple realises quite how popular iPhone games have become.

We can only hope that current iPhone users won’t be left out in the cold when this new version comes out with its flashy 3D credentials.

i dont know if its credible or not but i figured i would post it.

2. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

im not understanding why people keep commenting about original or 3g users being "left in the dust"

what exactly do you expect to happen? Apple shouldnt make any more technological advances until you're ready....

you do realize that the iphone came out 2 years ago...thats a very long time in the technological world.

Just know that if you buy the new iphone...apple will very likely come out with a faster one in a year or so...and once again youll be "left in the dust"

3. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

yea that is how the tech industry is. i would love to see something new from apple every year. i go through phone all the time so new phone every year i would love. so far they have done this.