Iphone 3g 16 gigs fell in swimming pool (PICS)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by myst4ry, Jun 22, 2009.

1. myst4ry macrumors newbie

Long story but I was pushed in the swimming pool while I had my iphone in my jeans pocket. I let it dry for 24h then put it in a bag with rice for another 24h, now it's 48h later and I turned it on, it looks like there is small mini-clouds under the screen, or that the pixels are damaged, anyways to fix this ???

Cliffs :
    - Iphone went into swimming pool
    - Small clouds/condensation UNDER the screen.
    - The phone and screen seem to be working FINE for the moment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

I feel sorry for you buddy. Make sure you make the person who pushed you pay.

3. droopy1592 macrumors newbie

Find another phone to use and put your iphone in a NEW bag of rice tightly sealed for a week.

4. salesguy macrumors regular

5. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

6. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Check out my thread from a couple of days ago - very similar story and good advice (hopefully!)

7. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Rice won't help. The chlorine water will do damage to the circuit boards. My son's had the same problem. I had to take it apart many times and clean with alcohol before it finally worked. It had corrosion on a lot of parts. Not the the average person to do.

- James

8. rsierra54 macrumors newbie

Rice

The rice in a bag worked for my buddy. Place it in the bag and forget it for a couple of days. You have nothing to loose. don't try to turn it on again.

R-

9. Numbski macrumors member

Numbski

If you are comfortable, open it up. You have trapped moisture in there. It's got to dry out. Rice will help, but really the only way to do it is to get the moisture a way to escape.