Iphone 3g 16Gb Earpiece

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ReneeG, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ReneeG macrumors newbie

so.... I have a 3g 16gb that I can only use the speakerphone with. I can not hear out of the earpiece, but I know that the mic and speaker works no problem. I have also tried the earphone trick. Also, when putting your hand over the earpiece while making calls, the screen does not go black. I opened the iphone up to see if cable 3 was connected. It appears to have been. What part do I need or if I bought a complete LCD would that include the parts I need as well!

2. rishaky macrumors newbie

iphone 3g

Did you ever resolve the ear piece problem you had on your iphone 3g? I have the same problem and can't seem to find a solution.

3. SirPerson macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone 3G from a friend, and it was all sorts of busted up. I ordered the parts to fix it and activated only to find more problems. The camera lens seemed to be foggy, the external speaker is a bit quiet and crackly but I can work with it, and the ear piece was extremely quiet and a bit tinny. So to answer your question, I do believe that the complete LCD assembly includes the new earpiece and the other parts you need. But it would be a lot cheaper to just buy the earpiece separately and installing yourself. It's not hard at all. I'm just waiting for mine to come in the mail. :D