iPhone 3G - 2.0.2 VS 2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShaiPhone, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ShaiPhone macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I'm happy to write my first post in here, liked your forum very much.

I would like to ask you from your opinion, currently i'm using 2.0.2 on my iPhone, there are a lot of problems using 3G (signal is pretty low in the display) and the battery run away quickly as well.
    besides that i like it because i don't have any app crash or problems in youtube like other people complains in 2.1

would you recommend me to upgrade to 2.1 ? or should i wait for 2.2 ?

Thanks,Shai.

2. iblastoff macrumors 6502

3. ShaiPhone thread starter macrumors newbie

what about modem firmware upgrade?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Upgrading to 2.1 (this is the firmware) is the only way to go. Those exact issues are addressed as bug fixes and what not, in the 2.1 firmware upgrade. Gawd, I can't even remember anything since 2.1... LOL :p Good luck!

5. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Battery issues are still really the same with the update for me. But you have to update to 2.1 because it is so much better. Practically all the lag has gone on this update and rarely crashes. Everything runs quickly and a lot of reliability issues have been completely fixed.

I am surprised you did not upgrade before now

6. adamrc macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Absolutely update to 2.1. It is much improved in every way. The signal meter is more accurate now and I now get signal in places where I used to get no signal before. The text lag is also gone now and the backups are much quicker.

7. ShaiPhone thread starter macrumors newbie

upgraded...

Well i've upgraded my baby and it looks better now.
    for sure the signal of the 3G is much better than before, about the battery time i cannot realy say anything about that because i haven't test it yet.

i'm happy that i've done this change coz now the iphone runs smoother than before and much quicker.