iPhone 3G 2.0 Syncing Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Qxzb, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Qxzb macrumors newbie

So I just finished jailbreaking my phone and now it seems I cannot sync properly with iTunes. iTunes does its progress bar thing and completes, but when I look at my iPhone while it's doing this the sync screen comes up then instantly goes away. iTunes completes and thinks it takes up hard disk space on the iPhone, but nothing is received by the phone. Can't get any music, photos, or apps on my phone.

I looked up the console log while it was trying to sync and this same message kept repeating:

MobileDevice: AMDeviceLookupApplications: Could not start installation proxy service: kAMDInvalidServiceError

All the factory applications and functions on the phone are a-okay (ex. phone, text, safari, etc.), but I just can't seem to sync with iTunes. I've tried reinstalling iTunes, I've restored the iPhone several times with and without the hacked operating system. I was able to sync the first time I ever connected to iTunes Store, but never since the jailbreaking.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

By the way, the jailbreaking was done with Pwnage 2.0 (for Mac) if that helps at all.

2. Qxzb thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe I can manually add photos and music via SFTP on my hacked phone?
    Anyone know the file destinations so that the phone recognizes the media and allows me to access/listen to it on the iPod part of the phone?

Posting this in the hacks and apps forum too.

3. daflake macrumors 6502a

I don't think that you need to blast the forum with your post. If someone can help, they will find it.