iphone 3G 3.0 drops off Edge before making call, everytime, bug in 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by astrorider, Jun 19, 2009.

1. astrorider macrumors 6502

I generally run with 3G off and now with OS 3.0 whenever I place a call I immediately drop off the Edge network, i.e. the "Edge" in the upper left disappears as soon as I place the call. I end the call and the Edge reappears. Very repeatable This does not happen when I turn 3G on...the "3G" in the upper left stays on during the call.

I think it may be more than graphical as the people I call have been saying I sound echo-y, and I generally used to only get that when I was in an area with very poor reception where the iPhone had to drop down to a pre-Edge network. Can anyone confirm their OS 3.0 with 3G off will not place calls on Edge?

Thanks!

2. jalpert macrumors 6502

I didn't think you could use Edge and voice at the same time. I know you can use 3G and voice at the same time. I think it's going away because it's turning off, it just didn't show you in the previous releases.

3. astrorider thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, that makes sense actually. Since it didn't do that in OS 2.0 I figured it was a problem, but I guess it must be behaving the same way as before...just showing me the truth that Edge drops out when I make a call. Cool. Thanks!

4. sgrizzle macrumors member

sgrizzle

You can't use edge while in a call. One of the benefits of 3G.