iPhone 3G 3.0 Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by applefool, Nov 14, 2009.

1. applefool macrumors member

applefool

I'm trying to unlock an iphone 3g running 3.0 firmware. I activated and jailbroke it through Pwnage Tool. When jailbreaking and unlocking 2gs from this point all I have had to do is pop in the non atnt sim and will read it.

This seems to not be the case with the 3g. After I put the T-Mobile sim in it will just show the carrier bars with no signal and no t-mobile logo. What I am doing wrong here??? :confused:

2. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Redsn0w .08, then Ultrasn0w

3. applefool thread starter macrumors member

applefool

I ran redsnow and got through the process alright, but during the jailbreaking it stalled for a while on "installing activation bundle." when the phone booted the only app i had/have is cydia. anybody seen this??

4. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

When you run redsn0w, if it hangs up, just unplug the phone for 2 seconds, then plug it back in.

Get a tutorial as all this stuff should be in the tutorial. (iClarified)

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Why 3.0? Seriously either update to 3.1.2 with Pwnage Tool. Or update to 3.1.2 in iTunes, jailbreak/unlock with Blackra1n/blacksn0w.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

To unlock your phone after upgrading to 3.0 and jailbreaking with redsn0w, you need to 1) open Cydia, 2) add the repository repo666.ultrasn0w.com and 3) install ultrasn0w. It's that simple.