iPhone 3G 3.0 Upgrade issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msetnes, Apr 22, 2009.

1. msetnes macrumors newbie

Ok... so yes you can smack me for trying this illegaly at first. At first I wanted the developer program but then realized I couldnt develop much because I don't own a mac. So I installed it, screwed it up because I couldn't get my ID. I now purchased the dev program realizing I can use a co-works mac if I wanted to develop. Anyways, I purchased now I cannot get my device ID. Is there anyway I can do all of this having a PC? Or am I really left out of the picture because I don't own a mac? I would hate to see that this is limited to mac users only.

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Doesn't it show you your UDID on the locked screen if you tap the information button? If not, I know if you search theres tons of post like this one that'll give you information....

3. msetnes thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually it gives me my IMEI number and another number that isn't 40 characters long though. Anyways what I am gonna do is downgrade it to 2.2.1. I may even have to jailbreak this thing before I can go back to the 3.0 upgrade.

So my new question is.... the firmware to download is a DMG file. For a windows user, how do I load this firmware?

4. msetnes thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so downgrading isn't working successfully.

Any ideas how I can get this working to 3.0 using a PC?

5. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

6. msetnes thread starter macrumors newbie

I cannot get the device ID off this thing, how can I do this without a Mac?

7. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

8. msetnes thread starter macrumors newbie

its smart ass remarks from mac people like these which is why I don't give it much respect.

Can someone civil please reply? I am a developer and I purchased the dev. program, all I want to do is get my iPhone working again and hoping to build a camera app.

9. digbyp macrumors regular

Take a look in this folder. You should see a 40 digit folder, which is your udid

C:\Documents and Settings\your login name\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

10. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Who says their mac people? They could be very well Windows users with an iPhone, doesn't make them a Mac person.

11. msetnes thread starter macrumors newbie

You're right my mistake and I apologize for that.