iPhone 3G 3.0GM + MacBook Air Tethering via Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Diveflo, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Diveflo macrumors regular

Hi,

I have a non-unlocked iPhone 3G with the GM 3.0 firmware and I'm trying to tether it with my MacBook Air. I'm located in Germany and I'm on T-Mobile. I use a "hacked" .ipcc file to activate tethering and mms.
    When I pair my MBA and iPhone it works perfectly and I can choose "Connect to network" and Safari can show one page. After that the Bluetooth connection fails and the internet doesn't work anymore, of course.
    "Connect to network" is grayed out anymore. I can reproduce this, when I un-pair them, deactivate Bluetooth and restart both.
    USB tethering works like a charm.

Thank you for your help!

2. VenCo macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have the exact same problem.
    I have the same setup (MBA + iPhone OS 3.0 (GM) + Dutch T-Mobile)

After rebooting the MBA (not touching the iPhone) al seems to work again for one or two page views, so i think it is a MBA problem...

3. Diveflo thread starter macrumors regular

yes, I found more people in a german forum who also have airs and this problem :(

4. iluw macrumors newbie

Not only Germany but also Poland. Not only air but new, 2 weeks, macbook pro. Cable tethering is all right (like you see) but bluetooth not. Maybe some settings.

5. iluw macrumors newbie

success

I did it, its working like a dream.

Attached Files:

6. VenCo macrumors newbie

Any chance of you sharing your knowledge? :)

7. db2 macrumors newbie

Apple just released a firmware update for "bluetooth Keyboards and Mice" and this seems to have totally fixed the drop off problems! Way to go apple!

8. VenCo macrumors newbie

i can confirm the problem seems to be solved with this update.

9. hiley macrumors newbie

Same bluetooth problem w macbook air & iphone in UK!

EXACTLY the same issues as those here with new MBA 2.13ghz and iPhone 3GS. I only seem to be able to pair via bluetooth FROM the computer, as the iphone doesnt see the computer in its list of devices. When I do connect, I get a few (uber-slow) pages (whether fast-wifi or 3G or Edge connection) then it just stops. Network assistant usually turns all the lights green again, but only for a few more pages.

Something's obviously very wrong. Same setup on my old Powerbook works without a problem and maintains connection!!!

Must be an MBA issue, but it's brand new and we're all up to date.