Iphone 3G / 3.1.2 / Baseband 5.14.2/ Boot loader 5.9

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 0r30, Oct 12, 2010.

1. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I currently have a iphone 3g and running into some problems in trying to unlock it.

Is there any way to downgrade the baseband on this or able to unlock it?
    I have searched and searched and can not find anything.. any help would be appreciated..

btw I cant use fuzzyband b/c i have 5.9 BL

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you update it to 4.1?
    If yes you cannot unlock at the moment.

3. 0r30 thread starter macrumors 6502

0r30

yup , i was an idiot and upgraded... then thought downgrading would to 3.1.2 would help... leaving the 5.14.02 as the baseband.

any idea when something might come out for this issue.?

i wish i could at least make the phone work with a prepaid at&t sim card...that doesn't even work...

4. crawsfire macrumors member

Even if you didn't udate your firmware you can't unlock that baseband. Latest rumor is 3rd week of October for an unlock.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that would work.

6. 0r30 thread starter macrumors 6502

0r30

i have tried .. but i put the sim card and nothing just keeps saying No service or Searching.

I tried my friends at&t card and it worked but nothing on the pre paid at&t sim card , i have gone to 4.0 to 4.1 to 3.1.2 so many times lol.

btw thank you applejuiced & crawsfire

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The prepaid AT&T sim might be locked to the previous phone it was used.
    It gets a little tricky with gophone sims.

8. 0r30 thread starter macrumors 6502

0r30

hmm is there any tutorials that you might now or direct me towards so i could unlock the sim card?

i heard the sim cards are locked to the particular phone for 180 days is this correct?

9. crawsfire macrumors member

Usually when you use a gophone sim that came with free minutes because of a promotion bundle (like buy a phone and get $25 free minutes type of deal) they will lock the sim to the phone for 180 days. There are other options besides AT&T prepaid if you don't need a data plan and just want a working iphone for cheap.
    If you want to use AT&T prepaid and want to make sure you get a SIM that will activate your phone you can buy the cheapest candy bar type Nokia phone like the 2330 from the AT&T store for 7 or 8 bucks shipped. They will come with a Sim you can use. You can set it up and get it all working in the Nokia phone then just swap it into your iphone.

These are the other providers that I know of that you can use their sim cards in an iphone without a data plan and without being jailbroken and unlocked because they use the AT&T network:
    Pure Prepaid
    Pure TalkUSA
    7-11 Speak Out wireless (be careful some use sprint and some AT&T)
    Consumer Cellular
    GTC wireless
    Jolt Wireless
    Locus Mobile (be careful some use Verizon and some AT&T)
    TracFone (be careful they use multiple providers including AT&T)

Personally, on the phones I do not want data plans on I use Pure TalkUSA. You can by a Sim only with minutes that rollover for $10 and as little as $10 a month to keep it going.

10. 0r30 thread starter macrumors 6502

0r30

well i tried this method already , I bought a samsung for 20 bucks it came with sim and 15 bucks on it. I activated it through the samsung then swapped the sim into the iphone and all it says now is searching and no service.

I just ordered another sim for 3 bucks on eBay unactivated , im just going to pop it in the iphone and activate this one over the phone and see what happens.

For now i have two Ipods... its pretty lame.

11. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

ou hactivated your phone thats why its not taking any sim .. restore your phone again with 4.1 , have your at&T sim in the phone and dont jailbreak right now ... 1st connect with iturnes and activate it once ... it will work