Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevinnijjar23

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Ok so im trying to jailbreak my iphone 3g running on OS 3.1.2 and i downloaded blackra1n rc1 and every time i hit make it rain all my phone does is it gets stuck on entering recovery and all it gives me is the connect iphone to itunes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

fdxgnd

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2009
Hi. Close itunes when your phone is in recovery mode. Close blackrain too. Then run blackrain again. Every time I do it I have to run it 2 times. It works. Hope this helps.

Kevinnijjar23

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
ive tried doing what your saying but now in blackra1n it just says waiting for device:confused::confused::confused:

No that it completed it gave me the screen that says enjoy jailbreak and etc and wait for reboot but when the phone reboots theres no blackra1n app

fdxgnd

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2009
unplug your phone. Plug it back in and wait for itunes to come up and say phone found in recovery mode. Hit ok and close itunes completely. Then blackrain again.

Kevinnijjar23

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Ive tried all these steps and now im just angry cause ive been trying to do the so called fastest jailbreak ever since 9 am and its 3 pm so wtf

Im using rc3 now my phone is all booted up no jailbreak and when i tried ur step it goes back to the wire plug into itunes screen so WTFFFFF

FoxMcWeezer

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2009
Ive tried all these steps and now im just angry cause ive been trying to do the so called fastest jailbreak ever since 9 am and its 3 pm so wtf

Im using rc3 now my phone is all booted up no jailbreak and when i tried ur step it goes back to the wire plug into itunes screen so WTFFFFF

Are you 100% sure it's 3.1.2? This happened to me but then I upgraded to 3.1.2 and it worked with RC3

Kevinnijjar23

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
ya im 100% sure its on 3.1.2 i just checked on itunes but the thing is that blackra1n says ur iphone has been jailbroken but geohots face doesnt come up on my screen and when my phone reboots theres no blackra1n

pippakay

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
no luck

i'm having the same problem where the iphone gets stuck on recovery. i get the 'enjoy your jailbroken iphone' message but the phone never leaves recovery mode. shutting down/unplugging/rebooting doesn't help.

iphone 3g running 3.1.2 on a powerbook g4, os 10.4.11 :apple:

i've tried a ridiculous number of times, with a variety of permutations. have re-downloaded firmware, blackra1n, have done a restore, have tried with and without holding down home/power buttons. just can't get it to work. if i re-run blackra1n while the phone still shows the recovery screen (without powering off) it crashes blackra1n.

either i'm missing something, the software is buggy or there's some common thread to the people having the same problem that i haven't discovered yet.

it's clear that blackra1n is 'talking' to my phone, but somewhere in the process the communication breaks down and i get stuck with the itunes/usb plug (recovery) icon and no jailbreak.

any ideas?

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
i'm having the same problem where the iphone gets stuck on recovery. i get the 'enjoy your jailbroken iphone' message but the phone never leaves recovery mode. shutting down/unplugging/rebooting doesn't help.

iphone 3g running 3.1.2 on a powerbook g4, os 10.4.11 :apple:

i've tried a ridiculous number of times, with a variety of permutations. have re-downloaded firmware, blackra1n, have done a restore, have tried with and without holding down home/power buttons. just can't get it to work. if i re-run blackra1n while the phone still shows the recovery screen (without powering off) it crashes blackra1n.

either i'm missing something, the software is buggy or there's some common thread to the people having the same problem that i haven't discovered yet.

it's clear that blackra1n is 'talking' to my phone, but somewhere in the process the communication breaks down and i get stuck with the itunes/usb plug (recovery) icon and no jailbreak.

any ideas?

Your OS is probably too old to support all this.

Cinemagic

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
As others have suggested:

1. Restore your iPhone with the legit 3.1.2.
2. Make sure iTunes and iTunes Helper are closed. In Utilities>Activity Monitor you'll find that iTunes Helper is running. Close it.
3. Now run blackra1n. If everything seems t go well, but the iPhone seems stuck for a period of time, just restart the iPhone. Look and see if blackra1n in installed in the phone.
4. Run blackra1n on the iPhone.

tink.tel.44

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2009
stuck stuck stuck

im having the same problems and ive tried closing blackra1n then doing it twice n everything but it just stays with the GeoHot guy on the screen, and blackra1n says its done, wait for reeboot and ive waited forever.
somebody mentioned something about the os being to old??
what was ment by that?
im unlocking my 2g, does that affect it at all?
please help ive tried for so long to unlock it, n now im really stuffed.:confused::confused::(

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
When I did it, I found that I had to have the Apple Mobile Service and iTunes Helper running, and iTunes open. Don't know why but if you've been closing any of them maybe try it again that way.

pippakay

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
fwiw, i finally had success--used my husband's laptop running xp.

downloaded itunes, downloaded blackra1n, restarted the computer and it worked on the first try. did not have to do any gyrations of closing programs, holding buttons on the phone, nothing. it just worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.