iPhone 3G - 3.1.3 Question & Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoveBrisk, May 22, 2011.

1. LoveBrisk macrumors newbie

LoveBrisk

I'm currently running on a 4.1.2 custom firmware but with a hardcore full days use I get drained of my battery life fast. I use to be on 3.1.3 jailbroken & unlocked..

When my digitizer went bad I tried many roots to fix the problem, one of which was do a restore.. losing my JB & UL sense then I havent been able to RE-UNLOCK my iPhone on 3.1.3 because the most recent Ulrasn0w will not unlock 3.1.3 anymore? I can get my iPhone back to 3.1.3 jailbroken etc but here's my problem.. the WiFi wont work after the first use... I've got a DATA plain via T-Mobile which is unlimited but I've heard it doesn't always work with Cydia and such.

I'm looking for a solution here so I can have my old phone back that doesn't suck my battery life down to nothing...

Are there custom firmwares out there with the WiFi problem fix built in? Any information is much appropriated and loved

- Thanks David

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Unlock is based on baseband. It is not because ultrasn0w doesn't work with 3.1.3, the problem is you had restore your phone where your baseband is now 05.15 where ultrasn0w doesn't work with it.

Baseband can't downgrade able (unless you have bootloader 05.08). Therefore, you downgrade your firmware to 3.1.3, your phone still has baseband 05.15 and that the reason you can't unlock.

You might try to see if your phone has bootloader 05.08 so you can downgrade your baseband to 05.13 or 04.26, then unlock with ultrasn0w. Otherwise, the only option i s to install ipad baseband so you can unlock with ultrasn0w.

3. LoveBrisk thread starter macrumors newbie

LoveBrisk

My baseband is 6.15.00 the most recent correct? What program or app would I use to downgrade to a different baseband? What about the WiFi problem?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you have baseband 06.15, then it is unlockable by ultrans0w 1.2.3. Just install it. If you have T-Mobile, then make sure you disable 3G and the signal should show up.

5. LoveBrisk thread starter macrumors newbie

LoveBrisk

I'll give it another shot... if it doesn't I'll come back.