iPhone 3g 3.1.3 stuck on apple logo with spinning wheel after reset all data

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by qynx01, Jan 22, 2011.

1. qynx01 macrumors newbie

I need help on my iPhone. This is a special case since I CAN'T CONNECT my phone to any PC or Mac. But IT DOES charge ONLY through the wall charger, so I think the USB dock connector is working. I tried installing a new iTunes, also tried the apple mobile device drivers update, but to no avail. So, i decided to try using the reset all data on my iPhone. It did the reset, but now it is STUCK ON APPLE LOGO WITH SPINNING WHEEL. iTunes doesn't even recognize the iPhone on DFU or recovery mode. I'm out of ideas, since I can't connect it through any PC or Mac. Also, i tried using different USB ports and cords. Help pls!

iPhone 3G 3.1.3

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Put the iPhone in DFU mode then restore back to 3.1.3

3. qynx01 thread starter macrumors newbie

can't. itunes doesn't even recognize the fone, even in DFU and recovery mode

4. sonielle macrumors newbie

I've got the same problem.

I've got an iPhone 4 that I wanted to do a Factory Reset on because of a jailbreak that went wrong. This is not the first time I have done a factory reset/erase all content and settings - I know it takes a long time - however:

a) I went to sleep - the electric plug on the iPhone came undone - so I fear the reset may have prematurely finished.
    b) I tried connecting the iPhone immediately to iTunes after waking up - but iTunes doesn't recongise that the phone is connected to the computer (I use Windows) therefore, I can't reset the phone via iTunes
    c) I don't recall seeing the spinning wheel over and over and over again - this time, that's what's happening. The spinning wheel would appear... and finish it's "cycle" then disappear... and then you'd just see the apple logo and you're thinking oh great it's finished but it's not - the spinning wheel appears again!! and then it just keeps doing that.

There are no songs, hardly any pictures to erase on the iPhone. I just wanted to reset it to Factory settings and this is what happened.

Please help. What can I do? The phone is brand new. Just got it yesterday.

I hope someone helps. :( I can't do DFU mode either.

5. sonielle macrumors newbie

in addition, you'd think the reset is finished since the iphone would turn itself off. but after a few seconds, the apple logo will appear again together with the spinning wheel and the cycle continues...

this has happened for the 3rd time now... (reset started at 10:00 AM SG Time)