iPhone 3g/3gs jailbreak - purchase

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jamies90, Apr 20, 2010.

1. jamies90 macrumors regular

Hi everyone.

Looked around here but cant seem to find an answer.

I'm looking at investing some hard earned cash on an iPhone (again). But looking to unlock and jailbreak obv 3.1.2 is the best option to do so.

Do you guys know the serial number weeks that production transfered to 3.1.3? I want to go into o2/orange or any of the shops here in the UK and see if I can get an oldish one thats not been bought.

Would be a great help!

Thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

3.1.3 came out on February 2nd. I'm sure it was placed on new iPhones previous to that however.

3. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

At this point I would wait until the new phone comes out if you have the $. The resolution and battery capacity seem like its worth the upgrade. (let a lone front facing camera and all that jazz)
    Check out the specs here if you want: http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/04/19/the-next-iphone/

Seeing as they have already made some form of jailbreak for it and are sitting on 2-3 exploits I think that if you get it you shouldn't have a problem jailbreaking, but im not sure about jailbreaking a device with new internals works.
    Best of luck to ya.

4. evilgreg macrumors regular

evilgreg

i purchased a white 3GS straight from my local apple store and it has 3.1.2 on it. this was about 2 weeks ago so you MIGHT still be safe.