Iphone 3G - 4.0.1 - 05.15.04

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoriH, Apr 4, 2011.

1. LoriH macrumors newbie

I am very new to all of this and have done a million searches. Thanks to this forum I was able to get this far but I am now stuck and could really use some help please.

I had my Iphone 3G Jailbroken and Unlocked for T-Mobile on 3.0 using Cydia and Icy. Phone went into DFU mode and was restored, new software was installed. I made a mess of things.

Now I want to get it working on T-Mobile again. So far I have sucessfully downgraded the software to 4.0.1 and re-jailbroken it. Now I would like to unlock it again, so I can use it on T-Mobile. From what I can tell I need to downgrade the baseband because it is currently on 05.15.04 but this is where I am lost. Can I do this on the 3G and if so what steps do I take? Thank you so much for any help.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Currently, there is no unlock available for the baseband you have which is 05.15.04. so, few thing you need to check first;

1. Since your phone is jailbroken, install fuzzyband and check to see what bootloader you have on your phone. If you lucky to have one of the rare bootloader 05.08, then you can downgrade your iphone's baseband to the one that can be unlocked.
    2. If your Iphone bootloader is higher than 05.08, the only option you can unlock your phone is to install Ipad baseband 06.15. However, if you do that, your phone will loose GPS functionality.

Please check and let us know what you want to do and we can guide you to the next step.

3. LoriH thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for offering to assist. Boatloader is 6.02,so I guess I have to go the IPad route. I am ok with losing GPS if that is the only issue. Where do I go from here?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Here is what you need to do;

1. Download Ipad IOS 3.2.1 to your PC
    2. Download redsn0w 0.9.6b6 to your PC.
    3. Upgrade your Iphone to atleast 4.1 because this version of redsn0w won't recognize firmware 4.0.2

once you do that, then jailbreak it with redsn0w and install Ultrasn0w from Cydia. You should be all set to go.

5. LoriH thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Your fix worked perfectly. I even still have GPS as of right now. I am on 4.1, jailbroken and unlocked. Appreciate the help.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX