iPhone 3g 4.0.1 Scrolling lag

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by senorhong, Jul 17, 2010.

1. senorhong macrumors newbie

I've been having this issue ever since I bought my phone. Everytime i scroll either in menus, games, settings, contacts, any type of scrolling there is a lag. I compared it to other 3g iphones and they seem to not have any lag. Also sometimes my texting has a delay for each letter sometimes. I think my phone overall is just slow. Does anybody know how to fix this? :(

2. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

Mine behaves like that sometimes, but not all the time

3. senorhong thread starter macrumors newbie

did you find any solutions fixing this problem?

4. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

do you power cycle the phone after downloading an update or new apps?

If you are using an app that uses GPS or location services this can slow the 3G iPhone. I experience slowness at times...but not all the time, such as when it is opening the text box for leaving a comment on FB, or when using Maps.

5. senorhong thread starter macrumors newbie

I turn them all off and i restored my phone multiple of times, unless im doing anything wrong with the shift click restore, when its wiped clean i still see some lag scrolling on springboard and in settings etc

6. thales macrumors member

Have you tried restoring as a new phone (instead of restoring from a backup)?

7. senorhong thread starter macrumors newbie

Could you explain how to do that exactly im not sure if i've done it before

8. thales macrumors member

After you restore your phone and it boots up, iTunes will give you the option of setting it up as a new phone or restoring from a backup. I always use the "new phone" option and it keeps everything running nicely. Just make sure all your stuff is synced before you do it.