Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

senorhong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
I've been having this issue ever since I bought my phone. Everytime i scroll either in menus, games, settings, contacts, any type of scrolling there is a lag. I compared it to other 3g iphones and they seem to not have any lag. Also sometimes my texting has a delay for each letter sometimes. I think my phone overall is just slow. Does anybody know how to fix this? :(

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
did you find any solutions fixing this problem?

do you power cycle the phone after downloading an update or new apps?

If you are using an app that uses GPS or location services this can slow the 3G iPhone. I experience slowness at times...but not all the time, such as when it is opening the text box for leaving a comment on FB, or when using Maps.

senorhong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
do you power cycle the phone after downloading an update or new apps?

If you are using an app that uses GPS or location services this can slow the 3G iPhone. I experience slowness at times...but not all the time, such as when it is opening the text box for leaving a comment on FB, or when using Maps.

I turn them all off and i restored my phone multiple of times, unless im doing anything wrong with the shift click restore, when its wiped clean i still see some lag scrolling on springboard and in settings etc

thales

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
Have you tried restoring as a new phone (instead of restoring from a backup)?

thales

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
After you restore your phone and it boots up, iTunes will give you the option of setting it up as a new phone or restoring from a backup. I always use the "new phone" option and it keeps everything running nicely. Just make sure all your stuff is synced before you do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.