iPhone 3g 4.02 jailbroken and unlocked, no wifi

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zhenya, Sep 3, 2010.

1. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I'm trying to put one of our old 3g's up for sale. I updated it to 4.02, jailbroke it with redsn0w, unlocked it with ultrasn0w. Then I realized that wifi wasn't working. I've reset the network settings several times, and have now even restored to stock 4.02 but wifi is still not picking up any networks. Wifi was working fine last I used it. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Put it in DFU mode and restore that way. It should restore it to pristine condition, so assuming there isn't a hardware problem, the WiFi will work again.

3. zhenya thread starter macrumors 603

zhenya

yeah, I have been restoring from dfu mode. Weird. I guess there could be a problem with wifi, it's just suspicious it chose now to show up.

4. macrazee macrumors regular

It's a well-known issue with 3G units (though Apple and the "Genius" people will generally try to deny it!)

I had several 3G units have the Wi-Fi die shortly after installing iOS 4. Not a coincidence. The last Genius I spoke with said that the hardware was probably starting to go and another reflash must have taken out the WiFi.

If you look around even on Apple support forums you'll see no shortage of people with the same issues.