iPhone 3G 4.2.1 redsn0w problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ImAwesome, Mar 22, 2011.

1. ImAwesome macrumors newbie

ImAwesome

Hey guys. Last night I connected my iPhone 3G to redsn0w. I chose only to enable wallpapers, multitasking, and battery percentage. The process was quite snappy and finished in about 2 minutes. It rebooted my phone and the Apple logo appeared. After about 10 seconds the screen turned dim and still showed the Apple logo. I assumed it was bricked, but the funny thing is that I still have about 11 GB left out of my 14 GB storage.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. iphonelov3 macrumors newbie

if the restore/jb method doesn't work out, then i'd suggest using greenpois0n as an alternative jb program. i've personally tried redsn0w, as well, but my ipod froze in DFU mode. after i restored it, i went with greenpois0n and it's fully working now.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Greenpoison doesnt work on the iPhone 3G.

5. ImAwesome thread starter macrumors newbie

ImAwesome

I did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago and tried it again last night. Obviously it didn't work. I restored it and it's on a fresh stock firmware. I just don't know why it would do that.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try it on another computer to make sure its not that.
    Also double check you have the correct version of redsnow and the correct official ipsw you're pointing redsnow to.
    If you're using windows run in compatibility mode as windows xp sp2 and run as administrator.