iPhone 3G 6.15.00 trouble restoring

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tokcho, Jul 4, 2011.

1. tokcho macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3G and I had it running 4.2.1 and I needed to jailbreak it, so I used redsn0w and then unlocked it by setting the baseband to 6.15.00..It was all perfect until I noticed the fact that GPS doesn't work properly. That's when I tried restoring it to an original 4.2.1 iOS. I got the 1015 error and I have been struggling to restore it ever since. I tried downloading a custom 4.2.1 but I got a different error - 1064 I think.. something about a USB problem. It is stuck in recovery mode with the itunes icon and the cable and no slider at the bottom. I would really appreciate if anyone was able to help me out!!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

you did read the the risk before you did this right... you can only use cooked software now pwnage or sn0wbreeze.

YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF UPDATING TO 06.15.

There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
    If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn’t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
    Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Jeeze! The slightest bit of research would have exposed the fact that GPS is killed off when putting ipad baseband on the iphone.

Use pwnagetool to create a custom firmware to restore to whatever firmware you are trying to get to.

4. tokcho thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, I read the risks, and all I really want right now is to restore to anything that works... I don't care if it is stock or custom and the warranty doesn't matter either. The phone is stuck in the recovery mode loop and is practically useless. I just want to get it working again. I don't have a Mac anywhere near me...

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sn0wbreeze is your only option then! Understand baseband is not fixable so GPS issue will remain. most of us hackers do not recommend the ipad baseband unlock.

6. Xb0xGuru macrumors member

Download and run iReb. It should kick it out of recovery mode, then just JB as normal.

7. tokcho thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for telling me about iREB! I ran it and managed to get a custom 4.2.1 running on it. Even Cydia seems to be installed but it doesn't start. I plugged it in and iphone browser says the phone is not jailbroken even though Cydia is there. What should I do from now on to jailbreak it properly and unlock it?

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you managed to get the phone on but Cydia won't start, jailbreak with Redsn0w.