iphone 3g (8b) help! mic not working.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ltcompt21, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ltcompt21 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Sooo I've had my iphone 3g (8bg) for about a year now, but I've dropped it so many times and got so much crap like sauce and what ever all over the mic that the person I'm talking to on the other end can barely hear me. I've checked to see if there is the water damage thing (red strip), but I don't see any indicators that it has been wet. Everything on the iphone works, (aps, text, everything..) but I get dropped calls all the time and there is obviously physical damages (dents, scratches, etc). My questions:

1. Where do I take the iphone 3g? Apple store? Is it under warranty?

2. What can they do for me as far as a replacement? How much would it be? (Please do not suggest buying a 3gs, I refuse to pay$599! haha)

3. If it is not covered under warranty, how much for just another iphone 3g (8gb)? No contract.

Thanks for reading my post!

MP

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

It's 8GB

GB= Gigabyte.

Did you try a restore from iTunes?

Did you get a compressed air can and blow that into the mic part?

Did you try plugging in your headphones (The ones that came with the 3G) and seeing if the mic on that works?

3. ltcompt21 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply fire!

i didn't try to restore it from itunes. I believe it's a hardware issue.

I have not tried to use a compressed air can and blow air into the phone.

I did try to use a blue tooth head set. It did work, but i hate those things and just want to use it like a regular phone or speaker.

I just dont know what to do. I really don't want to pay full price for a new one.