Iphone 3G 8GB iOS 4 dropped in water please help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mdoru, Jul 13, 2010.

1. mdoru macrumors newbie

Hy guys i am new here and of course searching for big help if i can get some.
    A few days ago i have accidentaly dropped my iphone in the toilet :| okeey..i've put it out very quickly and for about 5 or 6 seconds the phone was ok, but then the screen started to flick and show different colors black/white/grey and then home screen/apple logo and then he died. Back at home after watching a youtube tutorial i dissansembled my phone(maybe my bad :-?? ) peace to peace and i faded the water splashes here and there(not to much). Okey, i've checked very carrefuly for burned places on the mainboard and other places but everything is okey beside my lcd screen who was kinda broken(some diagonal line on it and a lot of splashes? inside the screen with grey/dark orange color) after putting al together the phone was working(itunes sync complete full recognized/silent button working with vibrate.. but the image was seriously damaged black stripes and ugly flecks on a white background. I've ordered a new lcd and now after replace, i have a full white screen :( . still no image. I was very careful and everything it's on his place but nothing.. can someone give me a tip or something because i`m driving crazy :| pleasee . Ohh..i forgot to mention that the white screen appears only when i turn silent ON or plug the power/usb(itunes) cables ..and it remains white for 5 to 10 seconds no more. i tried a hard reset with home/power buttons but after 20seconds you can see that he (in a software way) is resseting himself but after that i still no have any image.

Attached Files:

2. flash3d macrumors newbie

Insurance? I'd say that iPhone has had it mate.

Sorry.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Sorry to hear..

What you should have done was turn off the phone immediately after you took it out of the water. The battery + water must've fried something in there by now. Not much you can do except get it fixed professionally if you don't know how to do it yourself.

4. mdoru thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not have insurance anymore. :|

5. mdoru thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah..i understand but it was not even possible to turn it off because it was impossible been to see anything on the screen. I was surfing on other forums and find other people with drawned iphones and some of them have putted their phone in a bug full of rice :O:O left the phone there for a couple of days and voila working like a new ..it's a little bit strange to me ..don't you think the same ?

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It sounds like it's been a while since your phone has been submerged so I doubt the rice trick will work. All that happens is that the rice surrounding the phone helps draw out all the moisture over time. You can still try it though for good measure.

If your phone is still being recognized in iTunes, there's probably nothing wrong with the motherboard. Maybe you didn't connect the new LCD correctly. Or maybe the new LCD is faulty. You won't be able to tell for sure unfortunately.

7. mdoru thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes...itunes still recognizez it, the new lcd was sealed and i replace it with big care, reconnected all 6 sockets (3 at lcd/digitizer) and they clicked you know ? but nothing ..now in the evening the white light was gone too..it's driving me crazy :(

8. lionqueen macrumors 6502

the dry rice helps absorb water out of the phone. What's strange about that?

9. mdoru thread starter macrumors newbie

yes..i didn't know, my bad ..anyway it's too late to use rice with my phone. :)

10. gchhour macrumors member

Turn the phone off if you can... and put it in an enclosed bag of rice for a day or two. Try and see if that works, usually if the screen is like that you will usually have to buy a new screen or phone. Sorry :/

11. mdoru thread starter macrumors newbie

this white screen is a new one , the old one got burned when the phone fall in water and i got it replaced. i can hear too the sound when i slide tu unlock the phone you know ? ..