Iphone 3G 8GB jailbreak, please help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by julian.ol, Oct 6, 2009.

1. julian.ol macrumors newbie

Hey all.

Im in a puzzle of a situation. My iphone had been jailbroken once before and was synced to my sisters mac book. I wanted to sync it to my G5 desk top computer so i could use it as normal.

When i plugged it into my G5 it said there is an available software upgrade available (latest itunes), so yep i clicked OK. It finished syncing the iphone but soon realised it had reversed the jailbreak and no longer reads my Australian sim card anymore.

Instead of paying another $60 to get a phone techy to jailbreak it again, is there a program i can download and use to restore it to be used again???

Im running a mac G5 OS X 10.4.11

Thanks heaps in advance!

Cheers, Julian

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Jailbreak it for free with PwnageTool on her MacBook, and then sync it on your G5.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I'm afraid I have bad news for you since you updated to official Apple 3.1 (that's what broke your jailbreak and probably the unlock so it could read your un-official sim card)

Go to Settings/General/About and go down to bottom line for modem version. If it says 5.11.xx, then you cannot unlock the phone to use your un-official sim card again.

If the sim you have is an official iPhone carrier sim, then it should work.

You have one possible hope if your phone is a 3G (not 3GS), but you will have to re-jailbreak your phone first. About 10% of the very early release 3G phones had 5.08 as a bootloader. If your phone is an older 3G and has 5.08, after you JB, you can get Fuzzyband from Cydia and it can unlock the 5.11 baseband.

If your bootloader is 5.09 which 90% of 3G phones have, no way to get unlocked.

4. julian.ol thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, i think i follow! haha

Thanks heaps ill give all that a shot and suss out that program on her Macbook. if all else fails ill heckle with the fella that originally jailbroke it for me.

thanks again, much appreciated!