iPhone 3g 8gb - wont turn on..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dannyb86, Feb 19, 2011.

1. dannyb86 macrumors newbie

first off hi everyone..

last week i bought a faulty iPhone 3g 8gb for £60 off ebay thinking i could maybe get it working

the problems with it are the following:

cracked screen
    no power and unable to charge

so iv fixed the screen no problems so i thought i'd buy a new battery so i bought one off ebay this one as a matter of fact '1800 MAH High capacity battery for 3g'

so iv placed the battery in and reassembled the phone the moment i plugged the phone into the wall charger the apple logo flicked on for about 10 seconds then went off..

so i left the phone on charge for around an hour or so and tried turning it on to no avail it wont come on..

so i tried unplugging the phone and plugging it back in again and it doesnt show any life?..

so i opened the phone back up double checked all connections then put it all together again and when i plugged it in the apple sign showed up again but then went off..

iv tried plugging it into the pc but it wont pick the phone up..iv tried various charging leads, im pretty stumped at what to try next any ideas ?

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Where in the UK are you? I may be able to help.

3. dannyb86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Walsall in the West Midlands, cheers dude i'd appreciate it.