iPhone 3G 8GB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jdaniel, Nov 27, 2010.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

So I need some help.

I am no newbie but I am trying to help a friend so I dont have the phone in hand.

Its a 3G 8GB we need to activate and unlock the phone, but we have no idea what firm ware it is on etc. We currently dont have a SIM of the company its locked to, so we cant simply activate it.

We tried using pwnage, but tried various firms wares and it keeps giving an error message saying wrong package, so I dont really kno what that means, do we have to match up with what is currently on the phone? (which we dont know)

tried using limerain... doesnt work either, it basically kills the phone and need to do a restore on itunes to get it working.

suggestions?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

great the tutorial worked it seems my friend managed to do it, i have yet to check functionality would THANKS.

There used to be this thing called pirate or something where they have like free apps etc Its hard to describe but anyways it allowed me the option to switch off data. My friend wants to use the phone w/o data

it allowed me a pop up bar at the top or bottom i dont rem, that had all the options in the bar, airplane mode, data off and whatever else.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

is that in cydia ?

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes.

7. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

pwnage 4.1.3 wont work

gotcha its all loaded now I have another question.

We have it on 4.1 now and the baseband is 05.14.02. I read from: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

that with the baseband we have now it cannot be unlocked with the new 1.2 ultrasnow? I appreciate these people doing all this free stuff and all but seriously its worded sooo badly its not simple str8 forward.

1. Can we just download ultrasnow 1.2 and be done with?

2. They keep mentioning about the need to upgrade the baseband to the ipad baseband of 06.15... using the pwnage 4.1.3 unlock. So I downloaded that.. I assume they mean click the ipad icon on the right - there was no special dialog box, as mentioned on the blog - and when we created the new ipsw itunes wont allow it to be used to over-ride the jailbroken 4.1 we had on it.

A dialog box is a dialog box, an icon is an icon. So it is really confusing. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS