iPhone 3G + A2DP = Official (Chip is present) + more

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by island, Jul 15, 2008.

1. island macrumors 6502

island

2. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

You'll always have things discovered by people tearing things apart, question is why does Apple make it so we can find out?

3. island thread starter macrumors 6502

island

I would think to give something before Christmas with an update, perhaps even releasing a pair of Bluetooth Headphones too.

Time will tell!

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

A2DP doesn't require a chip at all, it's just a software protocol, Apple could have easily added it to any firmware since the orignial iPhone launched, they just chose not to.

5. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I don't get why this is such an awesome feature. I heard it still doesn't sound that good.

6. Reiger macrumors regular

I can really see Apple introducing A2DP when the new iPods are introduced this fall, together with an Apple made A2DP headset :)

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Don't forget the 32GB iPhone and the 2 or so million people complaining about it being released so soon after they put the 3G out (which is why it'll probably cost $400).

8. alFR macrumors 68020

Yeah, there was a review in one of the UK mac magazines a few months ago of bluetooth speakers/headphones and they all sounded rubbish. They concluded that BT stereo wasn't yet a mature or useful technology for most users. Still, why let that stop anyone complaining, eh?

9. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Not to mention it will suck more power in an already power-constrained unit.

10. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

The BT chip in the last iPhone supported the full stack of BT standards. It's always been a software issue. The hardware has been there.