iPhone 3G Ad - Fake

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lukjohnson21, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Lukjohnson21 macrumors newbie

2. Pooshka macrumors 65816

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Did you make it? ;)

I think the creator forgot to show the Shake gesture - would make the video end well.

4. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

I don't really understand this post.

The title of the video is My iPhone video so it's not pretending to be an authentic Apple one.

He's just taken snippets of video from the videos on Apple.com and added his own music.

5. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

Somebody needs to work on their aspect ratio. When shown in portrait orientation, the phone looks short and fat - almost square. When shown in landscape orientation, the phone looks like a stretch limo.

6. Lukjohnson21 thread starter macrumors newbie

YES! You are right! other than that, what did you think? iPhone stretch limo made me laugh!

7. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Thats not an add. Its just taking what apple did and took the puff out of it.

8. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Funny how you found a video you made(or loaded to your youtube account.)

I find lots of stuff that I make too.

Edit:
    It was a pretty bad video too.

9. elbirth macrumors 65816

lol I noticed that too. also asking what people thought about the video, as if you'd really care unless you were the creator

10. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

This is my iPhone 3G Ad. It is fake. It is bad.
    Shake It by Metro Station

Youtube user info for jsquigs21(Lukas Johnson) points to his googlepage

http://lukjohnson21(notice the same user name).googlepages.com/applegeekhome

I hate kids who try to make us think they're trying to contact the "Creator"

11. Lukjohnson21 thread starter macrumors newbie

:cool:
    I thought people would be more willing to say exactly what they thought if they thought they weren't talking to the maker. BTW, a friend made one (this time it really is a friend! HE has his own YouTube account) and wants opinions.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=IJh-R5WF-XI
    and this post doubled my view count. From almost none, to sorta none

12. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

If you'd just posted 'I made this ad what do you think?' people would have been quite happy to give their opinion.. it's not a good start to pretend it's not yours.. you won't get much constructive that way.

13. Lukjohnson21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok...still...focusing away from the point of the post.

14. elbirth macrumors 65816

starting off with deception is never a way to get a good end result. it just irritates people once they know for sure you lied about it, and makes no one want to help you in any way.

to be honest, both videos are pretty crappy. yours distorts the proportions of the iPhone and makes it look bad, as well as just looking like a concatenated features video (which is exactly what it is). The music choice also isn't great.

As for your friend (who is probably just you with another account and you're furthering your deception by trying to make us think you're finally coming clean, which you think will in turn lead to us giving you more open opinions)... that one is even worse. there's entirely too much flipping back and forth of the video content and all I take from it is that the iPod touch is something that constantly spins around and is likely to fall out of my hand, and for some reason I should apologize for getting it, but it's too late for some unknown reason (because of the horrid song choice). there needs to be more thought put into these videos, instead of just playing with iMovie and trying to take clips, stick them in there, and overlay some music.

15. Lukjohnson21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. Thanks! I think you are one of the first ones to give a detailed opinion. The video you said is worse is not another account of mine. That is a friend. The only thing is, I don't know how I would prove that to you. Thanks again for your opinion

16. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

17. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

"I am trying to get a hold of the creator to ask any questions that you have. "
    A bit of a give away...