iphone 3g always asking for itunes password

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vivithemage, Jun 30, 2009.

1. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

and it's never right...even though I put it in correctly and can log into ITUNES on my PC no problem.

I can get it, sometimes, if I log in on itunes and sync up.

Why does it always do that?

3.0, jailbroken iphone 3G.

2. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

bump? keeps doing it :/

it only lets me update if I am hooked up via USB.

3. carson44 macrumors member

i am having the same problem on my 3GS. cant stand it!!

4. bhqinteractive macrumors newbie

Oh man, I got this as soon as I updated to 3.0! Thank god you guys have this too; I thought it was the JB. Cough cough.

It won't play my M4Ps, either. It shows the bar advancing but no sound comes out. M4As and MP3s play fine.

Bump for great justice, and for mystery-solving.

5. sinsin07 Suspended

I had a similar problem. Had a failed 3.0 upgrade (1604 error). I removed and installed itunes 8.x. Then I reinstalled 8.2. Still had 1604. (did not know what 1604 meant at the time.) I did upgrade on a different PC but of course I had no music, apps, data, or settings. When I went back to synch on original PC, iphone would not synch music. Also, recent songs purchased through itunes would not play in itunes. Older itunes purchased did play in itunes. I called apple and was on the phone for 45 minutes, they did a one time re-enablement of all my music. Still did not work. They sent me an email a few days a later saying to remove quick time, then remove itunes. Then I was to reboot and reinstall quicktime from their website. Then I was to install itunes 8.2 again. Now all the music started playing in itunes. However it still would not synch to phone. I had to remove all music from the phone and then the resynch worked and music played.
    This all was on my daughters non-jailbroken 3g 16gb iphone.
    Try calling apple, they may be able to help.

6. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

You have purchased a song or app and it never downloaded correctly so you have a pending download on iTunes. Try going into iTunes on your computer and check for available downloads.