iPhone 3g an Tmo USA (data plan question)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pringler, Aug 14, 2009.

1. pringler macrumors newbie

Hi!

I'm from Germany, and will be moving to NYC for a year, starting in a week. I have an unlocked iPhone 3g 8GB.

I'm looking at the Flexpay 300 Minutes Plan.

I've seen that there is an unlimited web plan for $9.99 but a Tmorep told me that Ihave to order the Smart Web Plan for $24.99.

So whats true? Does the 9.99 plan work?

Thank you very much for your time and help!

2. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure what the answer to your question, but before you sign with T-Mobile, beware that you will only get EDGE data service with them because the iPhone does not support T-Mobile's 3G band in the US. If you want to use 3G, you have to go with AT&T.

I know that doesn't answer your question, I just wanted to make sure that you were aware :)

3. pringler thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I know that. But the AT6T Prepaid thing only gives me 100 MB per month, thats not that much.

Also is it possible for me to go into an AT&T store with an unlocked iphone and say "hey i want a prepaid plan with internet for my iphone!" ?

4. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

It is entirely possible to say such a thing. And in that case, AT&T's response will be, "We don't support the iPhone on prepaid." End of conversation.

No matter what AT&T says, though, it is technologically possible to use an unlocked iPhone on AT&T prepaid if you take an already-activated SIM-only prepaid account, and insert the SIM in the iPhone at home by yourself. But you'll still be stuck with nothing better than 100 MB of data for $20, and no support from AT&T.