iPhone 3G and 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by palmerc2, Dec 4, 2009.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I am currently running 3.1.2 and I am having some slowdowns on my 3G....

It sort of was slower when I first installed 3.0 but now it's just a problem

For instance, if I am out working and someone asks me to pickup something and just gives me an address, I can easily look it up on Maps. When I first open Maps it takes 5-10 seconds, sometimes more. Then to get the keyboard up to type the address that takes 15-20 seconds, depending on whether or not I get frustrated and end up tapping it multiple times, which it then opens up my bookmarks, more time....Now for the easy part, getting the location....that was easy, then to click on the blue arrow (10 seconds), then to click on "get directions to here" (10 seconds), then to be able to type in an address (10 seconds, not including the typing) or use the automatic "current location" (1 second, yeah!!!) then "get directions" it has to think, for another 5 seconds.

Is it just because 3.0 wasn't made for the 3G? Should I consider doing a fresh install of 3.0?

Have any other users encountered the same problem(s)? Such as major slowdowns, and just.....sluggish?

2G owners are welcome to, I can't image what you guys are going through :p

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Ya... 3.0 doesn't run well on the 3G (or 2G), so doing a restore may fix the problem temporarily but you will experience the lag eventually.

3. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I have the same lag with my 2g but not nearly as severe. I say restore, the phone should work faster but there will always be a lag.

This is how Apple gets you to pony up the cash for a 3GS. Those bastards.

4. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Nooooo!!! dont restore. That would be a waste of time! The 3G just plain sucks with 3.0!!! It takes FOREVER to do EVERYTHING on the 3G. Takes forever to open up the messages app, forever to open the ipod, forever for the keyboard, choppy when sliding between app pages, forever for EVERYTHING like i said before. Not to mention how crappy the spring board opens and closes! It just REALLY sucks. Almost to the point where i juts want to throw the phone at the wall as if it was a cheap free phone from AT&T!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:rolleyes:

5. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Stop being so dramatic.

I'm using an iPhone 3G running 3.1 and it takes a second, at most, to open the likes of messages, and the keyboard pops up just as quick.

It's not instantaneous, but it's not far from it and it's nothing like "Forever".

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

2.2.1 is really fast and has just about no issues. I'm still using it (after upgrading to every 3.x version possible, I still like 2.2.1).

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Come on, it has plenty of issues, including all the features that are in 3.0 and above that 2.2.1 does not have.