Iphone 3g and 3gs back up differences???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ikary, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Ikary macrumors newbie

I had an Iphone 3gs now i have an Iphone 3g. (I washed my 3gs bought 3g from friend) this phone is not jailbroke or anything like that. I have updated the phone to the newest Ios and when i try to restore from back up it wont allow me to select my last one with the 3gs. Before i updated the Ios it would give me the option to select this but after i do it wont. Can someone please help i use this phone for work and i have absolutely none of my contacts.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You cannot restore a backup made on a newer iOS version onto a device with an older iOS version. Example: You cannot restore a backup made on iOS 4.3.5 onto a device with iOS 4.1. Only onto iOS 4.3.5 and higher.

3. Ikary thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand what you are saying but is there different Ios for 3g and 3gs?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The 3Gs can run iOS 4.3 to 5.0.1. Where the 3G cannot. If both iPhones are running the same iOS version, you can transfer the backup.

5. Ikary thread starter macrumors newbie

if i updated the 3gs on 12/17 i am assuming that is going to be an os that the 3g cannot run.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

3GS current ISO is 5.0.1 and the latest ISO on 3G is 4.2.1. So, it is not going to work.