iPhone 3G and apple gift card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saadiq7, Jun 20, 2008.

1. saadiq7 macrumors newbie

I tried searching for this before posting, but I was wondering if apple is going to let us use apple gift cards and the $100 rebate from the last iphone towards the new one? Anyone got any idea?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

If you're going to local Apple store to buy an iPhone call them up and see if they can answer that for you. Also, I read in forums that there may be an expiration date on the $100 rebate, so you may want to look into that too.

3. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Haha...I bet it says "expires July 10, 2008."

4. AuburnTigerr macrumors newbie

AuburnTigerr

Expiration Date

I would like to know if there was an expiration date on the gift cards we received for being early adopters. Because if there is, I need to use mine asap! I remember looking all over everything for an expiration date and not finding one... but I certainly could be wrong. Anyone else have any ideas?

5. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I don't know about the early-adopter $100 rebate, but you can DEFINITELY use regular Apple Gift Cards for the phone (provided it hasn't expired). That's how I got mine!

6. 80s Fan macrumors member

When I received my $100 credit for the first iPhone purchase, I remember it said that $100 credit had a lifetime expiration date or did not expire. Same thing, I realize -- I just can't remember how Apple worded it. I remember emphatically checking that as there's no way I was going to loose my credit.

I had planned to use it for the second year of Apple Care but now I'm more interested in using it towards the new iPhone.

7. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

thats bull **** if they put an expiration date on a gift card. bottom line.

8. KT MONEY macrumors newbie

sorry to burst yalls bubble but to my knowledge the $100 rebate for buying the first iphone when it came out does expire LIKE 3 MONTHS after we bought em. i bought mine june 29 the day they came out. once i heard about the $100 rebate apple credit stuff i didnt need it right then and decided i would use it later. well round end of january, begining of febuary my headphones started tearn up on my shuffle so i calld in to apple to use my rebate and buy some new ones and to my surprising knowledge they told it expired like 3 months after i bought my iphone or from when they gave out the rebates, regardless they told my i couldnt use it and gave me a link to send a email to apple to try and get it cuz some people were able to get theirs after it experied. well i tryd and no such luck but please call apple again and see if it hasnt for sure i would really like to know it sumthn might of changed.btw i did send email them with no luck.

9. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Not true. You had to claim the gift card in the first three months, but you can use it forever. I lost mine and was able to recover the number a few days ago by emailing Apple Support. They sent me the number and how to redeem it.

10. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

11. circusbass macrumors regular

Itunes gift card

Here's a question:
    Can you use an itunes gift card in the app store?

12. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

its illegal to have expiration date on a gift card

13. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

In Canada it is, starting from a few months ago or something. I don't know about the U.S. though.

14. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

in US, the law is different between each states but it is illegal here in the US.

15. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

i assume so because it will be your itunes account wont it.

16. saadiq7 thread starter macrumors newbie

well a while ago i had read that apple stopped accepting gift cards and cash for iphones and just accepting credit. I dont know if its like that anymore. and i know that the rebate doesnt expire, i read about it when i first got it.

17. 80s Fan macrumors member

Yes, that's how I remember it as well, now that you say it.