iPhone 3G and Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by appleguy, Feb 28, 2009.

1. appleguy macrumors 6502

appleguy

When ever I get texts from friends family it often comes up with the country code then their number
    but when I get a phone call it only comes up as their number (without the country code)
    I have to have both numbers in my address book for either the SMS app or the inwards call to display their name

any ideas on how to fix?

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

So, if your in the US, the number is showing up as 1+(555)/555-5555?

David

3. appleguy thread starter macrumors 6502

appleguy

yeah for texts
    For calls they come in as 555 555-5555
    For the record I am in new zealand
    Calls come in as 021 xxx xxxx
    Text from the same person come as +64 21 xxx xxxx
    If I only have the 021 number in the address book under the contact
    When they text their name isn't displayed just the international text number
    Yet if I only have the international number in my address book when they call I get 021 number but no contact name
    So I have to have both which kinda sucks

4. flabombero macrumors member

I'll get text's and it will say the contact info but once i get out of sms, and go back in, they all go to unknown. Any ideas how to fix this? Ive already tried restoring

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Have you tried just putting in the just the one with the country code? That's kind of what I do in the US. I don't put in the number including the area code because if I'm in my area code, it doesn't matter if I just call the number with the area code but if I call outside of my area code, I won't have to worry about putting in the area code because it's already there.

David

6. appleguy thread starter macrumors 6502

appleguy

Yeah I have tried that
    If I do and I get a call from that person
    Their info doesn't come up just the phone number of the phone they are calling from