iPhone 3G and email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stieny, Nov 23, 2008.

1. stieny macrumors member

I've searched all the threads I could find on emailing and found vague or conflicting answers.

So my question: How does your iPhone notify you when you receive a new email, regardless if they are pushed or fetched?

I stopped being lazy and just set up my email. When my phone fetches the new email it will only ring and vibrate. When the phone is in "sleep mode" (blank screen) should new emails give you a visual notification as well, similar to SMS and voicemails? Just curious.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

The sound notification and vibrate works fine for me, I don't need too many visual notifications on my "locked screen", I could just imagine that will get crowded easily. (SMS, Calls, Email - then all 3 per person, geez that's 9 visual notificaitons, nope)

3. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

I get a little beep but kinda different to a normal beep. Not sure if theres vibrations or not.

Also as far a visual there is no alert on the lock screen however at the home screen the number of unread emails will appear in the corner of the email app.

4. rioja macrumors regular

As others have stated, you get a little beep sound plus it will vibrate. My only gripe is that the sound is far to quiet.

Apple should really allow us to change all these sounds. Or at least provide some type of volume setting to turn up alert sounds.