iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS Comparison

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Acronym, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Acronym macrumors 68000

I am comparing the picture and video quality between the 3G and the 3GS (3G is using Cycorder)

3G________________________________________________________________________________________3GS
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The fish were moving in this shot they didnt like being "followed" yet the 3GS managed to get a decent shot of the one while the 3G was a little more blurry. The black on the 3G is also more of a dull black while on the 3GS it is a darker more sharper black
    3G________________________________________________________________________________________3GS
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    notice in the parrots photos the 3GS captured more detail in the feathers where as the 3G it looks more blurry also note that there is less glare on the glass, now that could simply be because the phones were side by side and the angles were a bit different.
    videos will be uploaded soon i am currently getting abode Premiere Pro to place them sided by side in the same video.

Temporary Video uploads on youtube

3GS and 3G Comparision Video

i had the phones stacked on top of each other so that it would at least capture the same movements as the other but it was kind of hard to get all of the parrot in the same picture being as the 3G was on the bottom :S

2. savior1974 macrumors regular

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=732484

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

4. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

makes me happier knowing the 3gs is indeed better.

m

5. savior1974 macrumors regular

I was posting it because I though he might be interested in this thread too.

6. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

i know about that thread mine includes video and hopefully soon ill get some video of loading speeds for various used applications (safari, Messages, ipod, mail, and most common used Beejive) but i need to find another video camera :p

7. xxshawnxx macrumors member

great pics. nice colors. +1 on the 3GS. I love the speed the most though. I can't stand lag.

8. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

yeah sometimes my computer crashes giving an error message i tried to gget it wil my 3G and by the time the camera app loaded the message was gone hopefully the 3GS will open quick enough

9. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

10. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

changed the Youtube Video now they are more or less in sync and side by side in the same video